Crewcab Catalina Project is Underway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crewcab Catalina Project is Underway

I'll be doing a blog post on ths once I gather some more pics and stuff, but for now....

The Crew Cab Cat is up on jacks, having some deep winter surgery. It's too damn cold for this shit, or I'd be done already. But I need to raise the transmission about an inch, so I had to cut the tunnel, and raise it up a bit. Right now, I have old sockets as spacers on the cross member, keeping the trans from hitting the floor. It's been that way for years now, since when we put the modern 400 engine in, the block didn't have the mount holes for the old motor mounts, so brackets were made, lifting the engine a bit in the front. Plus, the Slim Jim trans that was in it, was a lot smaller than the TH400 that's in it now. So now that I have time, I'm gonna fix this, and the many other problems.

Once the Cat is back to normal, and painted again, I'll be taking it to Minnesota for the Back to the 50's show. Pretty long test drive, but that's how the Hardcore roll!
    -Mike

This is not something you buy. It's Something you Build!

Here's some pics of the work so far. That's the ormula hood I cut that sheet metal from. I wanted to keep this thing Pontiac.
    Attached Files
    -Mike

Comment

Well, after raising the trans, I now have no room for this particular shifter. So it looks like I'll be putting the column shifter back in, because I'm not buying a new shifter.
      Attached Files
      -Mike

Comment

that will look great
        1965 GTO 455 JBP 4 speed M-21 12 bolt rear with 3.73
        1969 GTO 400 4 speed air matching # total stock
        1968 Tempest Conv

Comment

It's been too damn cold to work outside, so I haven't done much. The car is too big to fit in the shop, so I don't really have a choice. LOL! I did get the trans raised, and the tunnel welded up. Need to swap the drive shaft to the one I got from Don, and start on the interior rebuild one of these days. If it ever warms up.
          -Mike

Comment

Working...
          X