Plumbing solid fuel lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing solid fuel lines

Looking for some help locating some steel/copper fuel line.
    I will double flare my own connections.
    An fittings and steel braided hose is not going to work for me.
    I need 3-4 feet from mechanical fuel pump position to fire wall/fender,then another 3-4 feet from regulator on firewall/fender to carb.
    Looking for some help from anyone who has run hard lines.
    Thanks.

Summit sells coils of hard line in various diameters. 25' long I think.
    I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Re: Plumbing solid fuel lines

I ran mine with 3/8 aluminum I got from summit. Came in a roll real easy to work with. If you decide steel I would go straight lengths and get a good bender. Rolled steel tubing is a bitch to mess with. And coppers for the kitchen sink.

Sent from my nerd phone Bitches!!!!
      HARDCORE for the Cause!!!! Detroit Charter President!

Comment

What size AN line not working? 3/8 metal is the same -6.

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

You think your lines are to small or something and that's causing your problems

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

Running hardlines between firewall and carb/pump is a bad idea. Nothing wrong with braided hose if you do them right, and you are not buying cheap shit.
            -Mike

This is not something you buy. It's Something you Build!

Comment

Re: Plumbing solid fuel lines

Right with the engine flex it will tear those hard lines up

Sent from my nerd phone Bitches!!!!
              HARDCORE for the Cause!!!! Detroit Charter President!

Comment

At the very least it would need a short section of rubber hose to flex.
                I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

There will be a short piece of rubber fuel line connecting to the dual feed Holley inlet,as I installed the regulator at that point to monitor the fuel pressure.
                  The regulator has 3/8 npt pipe plug threads.
                  I was using the usual steel barbs and rubber hose for mockup.
                  Need some kind of adapter to adapt to the pre made steel lines you usually see.
                  I want the regulator close to the carb and pumping horizontal rather than vertical.

Comment

Rummage through fittings at the parts store. Ask for a catalog, there's tons of fittings out there. They may just not have the one you need in stock.

Like mentioned previously, make sure you're running rubber or braided between engine and frame or you'll tear shit up. I run all hard steel lines except about a 12" section between the engine and frame with plenty of slack for movement. Made mine from straight tubing and just cut/flared/bent with my own tools.
                    - Chris -
                    We're in Canada now. What are they gunna do, kick us out? - Mac while in Michigan
                    1959 Pontiac Custom Star Chief
                    389ci w/ '60 SD Tri Power/200-4R/3.42 Limited Slip

Comment

Running solid fuel lines to the engine is like running a pipe to the radiator as a top hose. Something is gonna break. You need more than just a little bit of hose on the ends.
                      -Mike

Comment

The lines wont be anchored to anything.
                        There is rubber hose at the mechanical fuel pump location.
                        I plan on using double hose clamps here then run steel up to the inside fender.
                        Regulator at inside fender,using steel to the carb where another piece of rubber will be located.
                        Wire ties keeping the steel away from fan blades etc.

Comment

So in other words, you have a bunch of joints that could leak or go bad. Seems like a lot of extra work to avoid proper install of fuel hose.
                          -Mike

Comment

Dont screw around with fuel lines.get the proper tubing,fittings etc. and be done with it.that stuff will vibrate while ya drive and you may end up wearing a hole through it.
                            72 Luxury Lemans nicely equipped!

Comment

You still have to have a rubber line between the engine and body/frame. Solid line from fuel pump to carb is ideal,that is if the fuel pump is mounted on engine.They have rubber lines clamps to clamp the solid line along the frame so it don't vibrate.
                              '65 Goat

Comment

Working...
                              X