No announcement yet.

Holley experts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the new needles installed and now notice the gasket is wet between the intake and the carb spacer.
    You guys run a gasket between the manifold, spacer, and carb?
    I may just remove the spacer altogether.

Comment

Holley experts

Every joint should have a gasket. So if you use a spacer you should run two gaskets.

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

I'm currently running askets on both surfaces,but notice seepage after the car sits over night.
        I removed the carb and am installing the smaller 97 off road seats with new gaskets and I'll see what happens.
        I might try running without the spacer..maybe its a defective piece.
        Anyone know the difference between the Holley rebuild kits.
        The renew kit pretty much just looks like a gasket set.
        Thanks.

Comment

Re: Holley experts

Scruffy uses those asskits too and is always experiencing seepage
          LMAO

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box
          Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

I'd be looking into the seepage problem too. It sounds like the carb is bleeding from somewhere after the engine is shut down. If gas is seeping out, that means air could be getting in while running. Trying to tune a carb with a vacuum leak makes it almost impossible.
            I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

vacuum leak would show up ond the gauge, Im guessing the rich condition is leaving fuel somewhere inthe carb and leaking over night...maybe the floats are my problem...seems cheaper to just buy a new carb.

e e

gauge

Comment

Re: Holley experts

Try spraying around the carb while its running, if you hear a difference in idle you found your leak

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box
                Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by 454Lemans View Post
                  vacuum leak would show up ond the gauge, Im guessing the rich condition is leaving fuel somewhere inthe carb and leaking over night...maybe the floats are my problem...seems cheaper to just buy a new carb.

e e

gauge

I doubt you would see it unless you had a very accurate gauge or if you had a base reading on that engine with a brand new carb with no known leaks

Comment

Those were my thoughts too Graeme. As for fuel left over in the carb, where? The fuel would be in the bowls, and maybe a very slight amount in the legs to the squirters. Pretty much shouldn't be a large amount left anywhere other than the bowls. And again, if its leaking from there, then you got vacuum leaks as well.
                    I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Working...
                    X