Frame Swapping OBPC Interchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Swapping OBPC Interchange

A couple of Questions from all you wise ones out there. I read on a different forum about guys obtaining a frame to replace their rotten or bent one. So I'm guessing here but would a frame off the same year Oldsmobile, Chevy or Buick, interchange with a Tempest, Lemans or GTO? Example: 1966 GTO frame is shared with 66 Buick/Olds/Chevy Intermediate body (Chevelle, Cutlass,Skylark)???? Second question: Are there enough reproduction pieces to build a 1966 GTO Body IF you had a frame? I'm assuming all the sheet metal is reproduced except the 3/4 body possibly?
    Guaranteed To Out-perform.

Check out Ames Performance for what's available panel wise. It's all jap crap but the quality is better then it was 5 years ago.

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

I'll check my interchange.
      '65 Goat

Comment

I'm thinking some of it is different. Things like a arm mounting and truck floor frame rails. But they may be made to work.
        I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Well the frames from '65 '66 Tempest (GTO) conv. will interchange with '65 '66 Buick Special Sed.,HT.,&Conv. 2 dr/4dr/Station Wagon exc sport wagon.

There's not much out there for replacement body panels. Patch panels mostly.
          '65 Goat

Comment

Pick up copies of Ames and Performance Years catalogs. They have most everything thats available. Which isn't much.
            I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

I have an Ames catalog in front of me now. No full fenders, just patch panels. They have a hood for a 65. Lower door skins and rockers. They have patch panels and full 1/4 skins as well as inner and outer rear wheelhouse panels. Full or 3 piece truck pans. Rear window panel.

Hope that helps. You can download a PDF catalog from there web site. www.amesperf.com

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

Working...
              X