No announcement yet.

Flat base air cleaner vs drop base air cleaner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take some pics of what I mean when I get home. If I can find that old lid. DB probably hoarded it. Lol

yours truly,
    The Lord of Hardcore
    -Mike

This is not something you buy. It's Something you Build!

Comment

I haven't hoarded it yet.....
      - Christopher - They call me Devil Beard

Hoarder of various 2nd gen Trans Ams and Firebirds/ 73-77

Comment

Yeah, last night I started looking for some of the stuff I'd read about this, and my own short attention span kicked in. While I was looking for one of David Vizard's books that I'm sure has something on it, I ended up picking up another book and fell asleep reading that one, lol. The end result so far is that changing the base worked for me, but I'm not really sure why, lol.
        If you still think you can turn the steering wheel - you're not going fast enough

What Would Bubba Do?

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm also working on getting some pics of my set up so you guys can see what it is that I'm using.
          If you still think you can turn the steering wheel - you're not going fast enough

What Would Bubba Do?

Comment

Yes. We need to know all of your secrets. Lol

yours truly,
            The Lord of Hardcore
            -Mike

Comment

Yeah, most of em, not all of em. I need to keep something in reserve, just in case, lol.

What Would Bubba Do?

Comment

I'll bet he's not telling us that luggage rack is good for -.10 seconds compared to the spoiler. LOL

Ooops, did I just let that out? Sorry Tweet. LOL
                I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

I tune with the filter in place and the trans in drive. That was BG recommendation

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

BG never tuned those carbs on American Hot Rod that way. I think he's lying to you, T.
                    -Mike

Comment

Barry Grant? It's in the Holley tuning book. Why wouldn't you want to tune your carb the way you run it?

Comment

Yes. Barry Grant was always on American Hot Rod tuning carbs for Floyd Cotterpin. Lol

yours truly,
                        The Lord of Hardcore
                        -Mike

Comment

Id like to see that and then ask that very question to him. Maybe those stupid ****ing shirts BC wore annoyed BG so he was taking it out on him with a shitty tune.

Comment

He was tuning for Cotterpin. Its not like those cars were gonna see any drive time. Lol.

yours truly,
                            The Lord of Hardcore
                            -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by poncho1961 View Post
                              I'll bet he's not telling us that luggage rack is good for -.10 seconds compared to the spoiler. LOL

Ooops, did I just let that out? Sorry Tweet. LOL
                              That's a good one Rick, lol. I really don't know what difference there is from testing - not putting a spoiler on my car to find out. I may unbolt the rack some day at the track to see if there's any noticeable difference in the numbers from the difference in the drag, who knows?

What Would Bubba Do?

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDiver View Post
                                I tune with the filter in place and the trans in drive. That was BG recommendation
                                Yeah, I've seen that recommendation in a few places too. Trouble with a drop base cleaner is you can't really do that.

What Would Bubba Do?

Comment

Working...
                                X