72 catalina headers....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 catalina headers....

i posted this http://hardcorepontiacs.com/forum/84...ina-455-a.html in the engine tech thinkin it was more appropriate then seen this section...so please delete one in engine tech

well now that i got my other project straightend out.

..i can start focusing on the catalina, im getin the 455 completely rebuilt with a mild cam and want to put headers on. but i havnt had much luck. would some headers for a fire bird or trans am fit? or does anybody know some body who makes them for under 250$?thx guys

Comment

my other project:81 k5 1ton blazer

Comment

cool
        KingBuzzo

'74 Trans Am
        400/400 auto, #'z
        not ever ponchs' parts car

Comment

or what about some shorty headers off a 72 gto?

Comment

look into a set of RARE exaust manifolds ( High Performance Automotive Componentry) these are like the old ram air manifolds and flow more and will fit the chassis.

Comment

catalina headers

I've had a 72 catalina for 18yrs.Its a 2 door hard top,blue with black vinyl top,original 400 4 bl ,7k3 heads and 50k.Still has original short block but i had butler do the works to the heads 15yrs ago.Tryed firebird headers and a no go.Ended up doing 68-72 A body hooker super competition 1 3/4 headers.They' ve worked great all of these years.heated one tube and used a socket to ding it to miss steering shaft.I put these headers on with fel-pro gaskets and retightened after a couple or heat cycles.never had to do another thing to them.my exhaust is 3" into a dr gas crossover and 2 1/2 " out into 2 1/2" flowmasters right before the rear end.

Comment

Thanks for the info on what headers fit. I thought that the '70-up Firebird headers would have worked.
                '65 Goat

Comment

Working...
                X