Help with removing 1972 lemans fenders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with removing 1972 lemans fenders

Hey guys new to Hardcore Pontiacs so I hope some of you may hold the answer i'm looking for..I've been trying to remove my fenders of my 1972 Luxury Lemans and I hit a roadblock....i can't seem to get them off...any advice on the process?? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

The fenders?
    Are you sure you got all the bolts removed?
    In the door jamb, nose, two underneath by wheel and door, then the obvious ones you can see
    Also there's bolts on the wheel wells also that bolt onto fenders

Then I usually just remove the side by the door and pull
    Should pop right out, just don't too aggressive when pulling
    Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

Would the whole front end come off in one piece? or can i take fenders off separate from the nose??

Comment

Either way.

You need to take the hood off first. If you want to take the whole front clip off in one piece you'd take the radiator and support with it. The fenders are bolted to the body under also behind the wheel well. By the hood hinges and front header/radiator support.Need to take the bumper off also. The inner fender is bolted to the fender in several spots and atleast one spot to the frame behind the back side of the tire.
        '65 Goat

Comment

I have a parts brake down if you can't figure it out

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can leave the bumper but you will have to remove the lower valance

Comment

A parts break down would be awesome thanks a whole bunch!

Comment

Coming up

Comment

These are straight out of the assembly manual they used on the assembly line. They can be a little hard to follow but the res should be good enough to blow them up a little. Once you have an idea of the location its pretty easy. A little trick if everything is lined up nice now (body line wise) Drill a small hole (1/16) in a few spots where you are removing the bolts from the core support and body. It makes it really easy to line things up latter. The same can be done for the hood. Another tip, don't use an impact on the lower fender to body bolts. Those nuts like to twist free making it a pain to get them lose. They don't have to be out just lose bender is cause the fender is noticed there
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you! Hopefully this will help!

Comment

I have a 72 lemans I'm running a 67 V8-400 in it right now...my suspension badly needs to be replaced and i have drums all the way around...do you have any suggestions for a upgraded suspension and disc brake conversion??

Comment

That's a pretty open ended question and probably needs its own thread. It also depends on what you plan on doing with the car. If its just a driver converting over to stock disc and keeping the rear drums is fine and will work great. There several options out there. I like Wilwood and Baer brakes. As for suspension, some boxed in rear control arms ( they like to break) some 1" drop hotchkis springs, helwig sway bars and a moog rebuild on the front end would make it a nice driver.

Edit: My nickname is overkill so I have a tendency to go overboard on my car So these guys might be shocked by my answer above

Comment

Well just for sake of overkill haha what are you running on your car??

Comment

SPC upper and lower front control arms (top adjustable) Howe long upper ball joints, hollow Hellwig sway bars (rear adjustable), boxed in lower rear control arms and adjustable UMI upper rear control arms, Vari adjustable shocks, Hotchkis dropped springs in front and SPC dropped springs in rear, Baer track 4 front brakes with 13" rotors, Wilwood D154 dual piston calipers in rear with 11.125 rotor, Iroc gear box, moog rebuild on front end, all poly bushings, and 17" wheels with 275-40-17 on front and 285-40-17 on rear

This is my basic package plus brakes http://scandc.com/new/node/738

Comment

Working...
                            X