Por-15?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj112674 View Post
    I think I'm just going to por-15 the back of the new panels like the rear inner wheel wells, inner trunk, and the floor pan. I really don't like the idea of how hard the crap gets but I do want it to be protected.. Reminds me of spray on bed liner, which I know a few people have used that but no thanks. I'm going to paint the tops of the inner fenders, inside the engine compartment, I don't really want to put por on them, then I'm stuck with that look after it dries.
    you can over paint it, my wheels were blasted then por15 then top coated to match the car

pretty much everything on the car that was chassis,suspension or drive train was por15'd

Comment

wow..look good! I wasnt sure if that could be done or not, thanks for the clarifaction..
      one action can change your life forever.

the ones that have fought for our freedom and gave the ulimate sacrafice will be rembered!

Comment

I've painted over POR-15 too, but notice paint flakes off if you wait too long. paint over too soon and you get crackling effect. paint over when it's not tacky . a fine line there.

Comment

my wheels were sprayed, then baked, then scotch bright before primer and topcoat all 2k. Been like that for nearly 7 years and no flaking or anything

Comment

Also no driving or anything.
            - Chris -
            We're in Canada now. What are they gunna do, kick us out? - Mac while in Michigan
            1959 Pontiac Custom Star Chief
            389ci w/ '60 SD Tri Power/200-4R/3.42 Limited Slip

Comment

Originally posted by starchief1959 View Post
              lol

the ones that have fought for our freedom and gave the ulimate sacrafice will be rembered!

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Bird 428 View Post
                I've painted over POR-15 too, but notice paint flakes off if you wait too long. paint over too soon and you get crackling effect. paint over when it's not tacky . a fine line there.
                good god..can it be wet sanded I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by starchief1959 View Post
                  it spent 3 years in a barn with no paint peeling or rust, it also stood up to tires being fitted twice.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief View Post
                    it spent 3 years in a barn with no paint peeling or rust, it also stood up to tires being fitted twice.
                    Good durability!

Comment

So far rustoleum on the underside of my car has held up for 3 years of road driving abuse.
                      - Chris -
                      We're in Canada now. What are they gunna do, kick us out? - Mac while in Michigan

Comment

anything can be painted over it depends on the prep you do to it.
                        sigpic
                        1967 326 firebird
                        http://airefxairbrush.webstarts.com/
                        Keep your hands outta my pocket and yer nose outta my business and we'll get along just fine

Comment

No POR on mine, just rustoleum.
                          - Chris -

Comment

If you wait too long I'd at least scuff them so paint will stick. Most of the underside and floor pans of my car is with por-15 or chassis saver, flat black. nothing else. great stuff. very durable.

Comment

Flat black..yep thats what i want on the underside...sweet ride bird!

Comment

Sold my 69 a few years ago, had it for 18 years. just painted my 68 Convertible ,be ready for next summer. even sweeter, 428 4 spd, Fiero seats, canvas top, etc
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X