Ignition Lock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition Lock

I have looked in the shop manual and the motors. Their description isn't very good. I have a 73 GTO with a tilt wheel. Need to change the ignition lock. Any good advice?
    1973 GTO
    455 CID

They're all pretty similar. I just did one on a 79 GP not to long ago. I'll post a link to a site that shows how with a few more pics than chiltons or motors usually posts. Don't bother clicking any of the blue links in the middle of the screen, they're just trying to sell you a lock. Just pay attention as the pieces come out. Its also a good time to check the lock screws on your tilt as they have a tendency to loosen with age.

http://www.keybitslockandkey.com/los.../gm/gmlock.htm
    I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

There are quite a few youtube videos on the subject as well. Some are pretty painful to watch. LOL But if all your doing is changing the lock, it shouldn't be a big deal.

You'll need a steering wheel remover and a lock plate compressor. Both cheap to buy and probably available to borrow from autozone or advance.
      I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Ignition Lock

Take it out and use a flat blade screw driver

I think they are all the same like Pops said. You can get a set that includes doors do you only have 2 keys. Doors and ign then trunk

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

I did a how's to on here.
          '65 Goat

Comment

Its here Don

http://hardcorepontiacs.com/forum/sh...y-Hardcore-Don

Comment

I reposted the pictures. It's in the Hardcore Restorations Guides section.
              '65 Goat

Comment

Ignition Lock

Originally posted by mrpontiac65 View Post
                I reposted the pictures. It's in the Hardcore Restorations Guides section.
                Perfect, the wheel was already off, the pictures of where to release the lock were all bad. The one on yours were perfect. Thanks
                1973 GTO
                455 CID

Comment

Working...
                X