No announcement yet.

hood lock lemans -72

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm doing more memory testing here, so this may not be accurate either. LOL. If yours has that short cable like the pic you posted, try pulling it till the hood pops to the safety (wind Catch), then press down on hood slightly and pull the cable again. Hold the cable pulled while you then lift the hood. Does that work?
    I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Need to ask Harry about his '69. I'm thinking it's just one pull on the cable or rod (whichever it might be) to open hood. It's been a while since I've had a '68 GTO. These Firebird guys should shed some light on it.
      '65 Goat

Comment

Just pull the rod on mine pops hood
        Pull a little harder and lift the hood
        No cable

Couldn't he press the lever once the hood is popped?
        Pop it from inside car with cable then stick his hand in there and release the catch?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
        Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

Yeah, its got me thinking its not cable AND rod. Its cable OR rod doing both jobs. Initial release with one pull, (sounds like JJs sex life), then safety catch release with a second pull.
          I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Trentonmakes View Post
            Just pull the rod on mine pops hood
            Pull a little harder and lift the hood
            No cable

Couldn't he press the lever once the hood is popped?
            Pop it from inside car with cable then stick his hand in there and release the catch?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
            If his has that short cable like the one in pick, I'm thinking there is no "in" car release. Its all under bumper or in grill, one cable to do both initial pop and safety release. Yeah, I'm repeating myself. LOL
            I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

thanks for answers. i try to do as adviced.
              ill get back to this matter on sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by poncho1961 View Post
                I'm doing more memory testing here, so this may not be accurate either. LOL. If yours has that short cable like the pic you posted, try pulling it till the hood pops to the safety (wind Catch), then press down on hood slightly and pull the cable again. Hold the cable pulled while you then lift the hood. Does that work?
                Yes! That works, thanks!

Comment

Great, Glad we could help.

I'm actually more happy my memory worked. Well, for a minute anyway. What were we talking about. Where did I leave my car keys? Has anyone seen my glasses? LOL
                  I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Working...
                  X