hood lock lemans -72

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hood lock lemans -72

i have -72 luxury lemans and i need advice for hood lock.
    "mainlock" releases with wire, but how to release the other "windlock"?
    the lock is on the picture.
    Attached Files

There should be a rod connected to it that you pull. Joe should be able to post a pic.

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

Yup
      Mine has the rod also
      I can get a pic later today when I get home

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
      Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

You don't have a 72 LeMans JJ

Comment

Lol. That's our JJ. Lol

yours truly,
          The Lord of Hardcore
          -Mike

This is not something you buy. It's Something you Build!

Comment

Not sure, but I think the latch assembly may be the same from A to F with just the release rod being different for the body the latch is installed in. My damned DVD drawer is stuck shut on my work puter and I can't get my part number CD in there. LOL

Yes, I've tried hitting it with a hammer. Don't tell anyone. LOL
            I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDiver View Post
              You don't have a 72 LeMans JJ
              Only 72 LeMans came with the rod release?

It may not be exact but it'll get give him an idea of what he needs

now step off my rod
              Lol

Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

I know for a fact the GTO and Lemans are different. Do I would have to assume the f body is different.

Comment

Here a break down from my book. The book is an original assembly manual from the line

Comment

Looks pretty close to what I have on my superior f body
                    Lol

Wonder if Ames or someone carries them
                    Or may get lucky and find one in a yard by you

Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by GratefulDiver View Post
                      I know for a fact the GTO and Lemans are different. Do I would have to assume the f body is different.
                      Endura option was different. From there tho, the A bodies with chrome bumper and the F bodies shared the latch assembly.

70-75 f bodies and 70-72 A bodies with chrome bumper used latch assembly 9857248
                      71-72 Endura nosed A bodies, 68-69 tempest and 68-72 Grand Prix used 9716615

Looks like they may have put everything in the assembly together under one part number to catch 72-75 A,B,G & X bodies under part number 332330. That number didn't call out chrome or endura, so not sure what was up with that.

It also appears the safety catch was under separate part numbers. My 81 date coded dealer parts book doesn't show the number for A bodies before 73. It also doesn't show the part number for the release rods.

SO, basically, my post was space filler it appears with little help as to the safety catch. I'll keep digging.
                      I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

[QUOTE=Trentonmakes;474347Looks pretty close to what I have on my superior f body
                        Lol

Wonder if Ames or someone carries them Or may get lucky and find one in a yard by you
                        Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm guessing Finland has many yards full of 70s Pontiacs. LOL Then again, American yards don't, so maybe thats where they're all at. LOL
                        I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

i found this picture of wire system at frankpontiacparts website.
                          lock opens when i pull a wire and spring pops up the hood, but how can i open that other position of the lock (windlock in finland)? i marked it with red to the picture.
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is a part missing. There should be a rod or lever that attaches to the mechanism and sticks out in upper grill area or below bumper. (Joe? Which area)
                            I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Something like this. These are pics I found on-line, so I can't say yours would be exactly like this, but it gives you the general idea what you're looking for. There is usually a rod or lever that either sticks through a slot in the upper part of the grill, hangs below the bumper requiring you to bend down to release it, or a lever thats accessable after the hood pops with the cable. You raise the hood slightly and stick your hand inbetween hood and header panel to get to that lever. Not sure which system that LeMans uses.
                              Attached Files
                              I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Working...
                              X