This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydraulic Press Fabrication Guide!

This is a complete guide to build your own Hydraulic Press for your shop. As with all of these guides, you can substitute materials for heavier uses. I have not built one of these, but was in the process, and just never finished. This is a more complex tool to fabricate than tthe engine stand, so make sure to read the instructions carefully.

Click Here To Download This File

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this file
    -Mike

This is not something you buy. It's Something you Build!

This is something I could use.
    HARDCORE for the Cause!!!! Detroit Charter President!

Comment

Same here. By looking at the plans, this is a lot like the ones you see for sale in many tool stores. This is built a bit heavier though. Most don't use the 10 ton jack.
      -Mike

Comment

10 ton is more than I would ever use. I looked at the ones at Harbor Frieght and they look very cheap to me. Almost like they would come about on you.

Comment

Those are very useful. We had one when I was in aftermarket auto parts for pressing axle and wheel bearings, ball joints, carrier bearings, ect.

Comment

Just a thought as heavy duty construction that is you could always bump up the tonage on the jack. If needed.

Comment

The plans don't call for lightweight cheapo steel, so that is a possibility. You could also lower the tonage, and use lighter steel for something a little less sturdy, or for small jobs. With the price of steel right now, it's all a matter of how much you need one. LOL
              -Mike

Comment

this is cool. Something to build with my new welder that Santa brought me.

Comment

Working...
                X