Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1971 Firebird Espirit trim tag information.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 Firebird Espirit trim tag information.

any way of confirming if the interior is standard or custom without relying on actually looking at the interior. will the trim tag show it? See trim tag below.

clearly the car is gold under the current paint job. but the interrior is black. Its an Espirit, with the 350 2bbl and the turbo 350 transmission, power steering, power brakes and air conditioning. It came off the Van Nuys assmbly line in the 4th week of August, presumably in late 1970. The VIN plate indicates it was the 1015th car off the line. does that mean its the 1015th car regardless whether it had a v8 or a six or if its a formula or a espirit or a TA?

I wonder if the black vs sienna is a mistake? Its clearly an all black interior. I have known about the car for 11 years. I know enough about the previous owner that he would not have been the slightest bit interested in a brown vs black interior. the seats have been recovered in a velour'. And who in thier right mind would actually put a black interior in a car in Arizona. I will have to look carefully to see if it has been painted. but as anybody who has lived in Arizona will agree, nobody takes lightly the decision to put or make a black interior in a car in Arizona.

I have grown , already very fond of the Quetzal Gold/Black color combination. So its a mute point and i will take comfort in my ignorance.

also on my trimplate are the numbers 01198, 011149 and 260210 what do they mean? see trimplate below.

I have visited several sites where I am able to decipher my VIN and some trim tag data but where can i find more information about confirming the origonality of the car?

also where can i find info on parts interchange. I'm looking at installing factory rear spoilers and a 70-73 Formula hood. what year rear spoilers will fit.

An owners manual and a service manual are on my shopping list. Do factory assembly manuals exist for 71's? and Master Parts catologs?

thanks all
    Attached Files
    1971 firebird 350 2bbl/th 350. PS,PB,AC

Relax dude. I'll answer you questions. No need to make a new thread on the same topic. I have to get my book out. So give me some time

Sent from my nerd phone bitches!
    HARDCORE for the Cause!!!! Detroit Charter President!

Comment

Sorry,

I figured it was time to become potty trained and transition from newbie to ....

and since the hazing is over I might as well start posting here where the information could be usefull to others.
      1971 firebird 350 2bbl/th 350. PS,PB,AC

Comment

No prob

Comment

PS.......the hazing Never ends The thickest skin survive here,we wrap the weak in Bacon and smoke for 19 hrs
          72 Luxury Lemans nicely equipped!

Comment

Ok first question your tag shows that your car came with custom sienna interior. That's the way it came from the factory. Someone changed it in the last 40 years.

Comment

Second question yes it was the 1015th car off the line regardless.

Comment

Third question.....

TIME BUILT CODE:*The date of manufacture of the car. Consisting of 2 numbers and 1 letter, the code tells you the month and week of the month the car was built. The 2 digits represent the month (01=January, 02=Feburary, etc.) while the letter represents the week of the month (A=1st week, B=2nd week, etc.). It's not possible to pinpoint a specific day of manufacture from the data plate, only the week of the month the car was built can be determined. Generally, most date coded components on the car were built between 2 and 8 weeks before the build date of the car. There are, of course, exceptions to this rule.

MODEL YEAR:*To the right of the "ST" letters (short for "Style") are the last 2 digits of the model year of the car. "64"=1964, "70"=1970, etc.DIVISION SERIES:*The first digit of this code identifies the GM division (1=Chevrolet, 2=Pontiac, 3=Oldsmobile, 4=Buick), the second and third digits identify the series (Chevelle, LeMans, Cutlass, Skylark, etc.).*See the V.I.N. decoding information.*While the series code on the data plate may not match the series code in the V.I.N., it must be from the same family (the series code will not represent a Chevelle on an Impala data plate, or a Firebird on a LeMans plate, and so on).

BODY TYPE:*Following the division series is a 2-digit code that identifies the body style (or type) of the car, such as 2-door coupe, 2-door convertible, 4-door sedan, etc.*See the V.I.N. decoding section for a list of body type codes.

ASSEMBLY PLANT:*This code identifies the assembly plant where the body was mated to the chassis/driveline, and final assembly procedures were performed. This is a 1 to 3 character code, and it must match the assembly plant code in the V.I.N.*See the V.I.N. decoding section for a list of final assembly plants and their codes.

UNIT NUMBER:*To the left of the BODY or "BDY" letters is the unit number assigned at Fisher Body.*This number will not match any numbers in the V.I.N.*and is not significant to identification or restoration purposes.

TRIM NUMBER:*To the right of the "TR" letters (short for TRIM) is the interior code. This 3-digit code shows the color and style of the interior and seats.

Comment

On to the forth...... 70 thru 76 hood, rear truck spoiler, wheel flares etc all the same. I believe even 77 78 wheel flares are the same.

Comment

The fifth......

Tons and tons on ebay electronic or hard copy. I bought an cd that cover 70 -81 GMs on Ebay. Has everything. This is a 71 hardcopy for your car.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=80346696496

Comment

Final conclusion......your search for the ultimate pontiac website has ended. Here you will find all your answers.

Comment

Also this book as all the code break downs and option numbers for firebirds.....

Comment

The Red book conquers all.
                          - Christopher - They call me Devil Beard

Hoarder of various 2nd gen Trans Ams and Firebirds/ 73-77

Comment

Its the Firebird bible.

Comment

Working...
                            X