Cylinder Head Identification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Head Identification

I have some heads that I was told were Ram Air II but I'm not sure. There is a 7 on the center exhaust port, and there is a L016 on the head surface under the valve covers. Any help with a positive identification, and locating a replacement for one that is damaged will be appriciated.

Re: Cylinder Head Identification

http://www.wallaceracing.com/head1.htm

This should help
    I saw 77 and a couple 7with letters

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box
    Joe '76 Trans Am

Comment

Re: Cylinder Head Identification

Post some pics and we can help you better.

Sent from my nerd phone bitches!
      HARDCORE for the Cause!!!! Detroit Charter President!

Comment

Could be 670 heads with rust and age sometimes the center numbers are almost gone
        '65 Goat

Comment

Thanks guys. I found that the heads are #670. For unknown an reason someone ground off the 6 and 0 and left the 7.

Comment

Originally posted by frabru View Post
            Thanks guys. I found that the heads are #670. For unknown an reason someone ground off the 6 and 0 and left the 7.
            Good closed chamber heads!!!!!!!!!!!2.11/1.77 valves screw-in studs!72 cc's make high compression and you'd have to watch out for too much compression or you'll have pre-ingition spark nock.Also premium gas.
            '65 Goat

Comment

known fact, the later heads have better castings...670's use to be "good" heads..i would rather see 16, 12,13,62..
              i have a set that flow 297 at .700 lift..for a d-port, thats rocking..but with all the new heads, why..

for mild street use, get later heads for pump gas...for race, go aftermarket..

just rambling, but they were not ra2's..mine said r-96-a on the ports..wish i still had them..

Comment

Working...
              X