1970 WQ engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970 WQ engine

does anyone else have a 1970 WQ engine? has anyone ever heard of one? thank you

Just get the PHS papers.
    I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

You can't see that code sitting behind the wheel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
      HARDCORE for the Cause!!!! Detroit Charter President!

Comment

Originally posted by poncho1961 View Post
        Just get the PHS papers.
        There's a thought!

rolling mobile
        Mac

69 Firebird

Comment

I got my PHS documentation. What about you guys? I figured that's something all Pontiac guys did.

yours truly,
          The Lord of Hardcore
          -Mike

This is not something you buy. It's Something you Build!

Comment

Nope. Don't care. Mine is what it is....
            Mine

rolling mobile
            Mac

69 Firebird

Comment

That was a rhetorical question, Mac. Lol.

yours truly,
              The Lord of Hardcore
              -Mike

Comment

So I shouldn't answer this either? Lol

rolling mobile
                Mac

69 Firebird

Comment

I got the PHS on a couple of mine, to see what they were ordered with.
                  - Christopher - They call me Devil Beard

Hoarder of various 2nd gen Trans Ams and Firebirds/ 73-77

Comment

Originally posted by gallup View Post
                    Nope. Don't care. Mine is what it is....
                    Mine

rolling mobile
                    None of mine are any special ordered cars so what it is and what I put in it is what it is. Now if it was a SuperDuty.
                    '65 Goat

Comment

my F-bird will never be like it once was , well, if it was I wouldnt have bought it.

I really would like to know who raced it once upon a time. its was all yellow under and over, when it was raced , sounds like the 70s ?
                      F.bird 1970/73 street/strip old racer
                      400/400 4-link + 9 inch rear

Comment

My 74 T/A was raced at one time also. Whats left of the roll bar is still welded to the floor by the back seat.
                        - Christopher - They call me Devil Beard

Hoarder of various 2nd gen Trans Ams and Firebirds/ 73-77

Comment

I mentioned getting the PHS because he has mentioned that engine in his car numerous time. He's also mentioned he'd heard they never used them in that car in that year. You wanna erase all doubt, just spring for the PHS. If it shows that engine code on the paperwork, question answered, simple as that. It eliminates all the, "my neighbor had one just like that" rhetoric and eliminates any doubt. Now if the paperwork comes back and it shows a different code shipped, well now...........either someone restamped an incorrect block and sold it as numbers matching and you paid too much for it, or the dealer did some swap for a customer. But instead of asking for opinions from a bunch of idiots like us, get the damned official paper and settle it.

I have the PHS on two vehicles. One when they first came out with the PHS and did it for free. It wasn't as comprehensive as it is now. They actually blacked out all the dealer pricing on invoices. Looks like some government released secrets document. LOL. That's what you get for free. LOL The other I have was just an out of curiosity thing and to shed some light on how one of my cars came from the factory. I've never bothered on the rest. Nothing special, plain jane shit that I don't need papers for.
                          I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

So what you're saying is, get a PHS? Lol

yours truly,
                            The Lord of Hardcore
                            -Mike

Comment

Well, in a round about way. Yeah, am I a Man of few words? Nope. LOL I know, hard to believe. LOL

There were less than 700 TAs in 69. I'm guessing the number of members on this site who have owned a real one would be less than the number of fingers on someone from iowas hand. That means anywhere between 0 and 7 1/2. Remember, that's one hand. LOL So, to ask if anyone ...........WQ............small audience............rumors...............fairy tails..................

Just pay for a PHS and get a definite answer for the car you own. No ones opinion, no ones cloudy memory, no one else's car. Your car, documented for your own satisfaction or disappointment. It doesn't matter if anyone else had one or not. What's important is the one in your driveway. Once you confirm YOUR car, then if its important, you can go on a hunt to see if its the only one. Bragging rights or money value or some shtuff like that.
                              I'm the Rick in prick.

Comment

Working...
                              X