4 link?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 link?

What is everybody's favorite rear suspension and why? Mostly looking for ideas for the 65' gto. 4link, ladder bars, leaf springs and traction bars, or an air bag setup? Mostly going to be used for street use with occasional runs down the track!

Suspension systems are more than just how its held on the car. Occasional runs down the track means you need to build your suspension for the street, not the track. You're stock suspension is fine for that with minor bushing changes, springs and shocks. No need to go all out.

yours truly,
    The Lord of Hardcore
    -Mike

This is not something you buy. It's Something you Build!

Comment

I'm doing coilovers on my 67 Tempest.
      - Christopher - They call me Devil Beard

Hoarder of various 2nd gen Trans Ams and Firebirds/ 73-77

Comment

Thats what I was thinking...maybe a little stiffer springs and a set of good bars...my engine builder and I are shooting for 500 to the wheels...

Comment

I'm only rocking a 326 with a tri power, so I don't think I'll hit 500hp.

Comment

BTW Mike hates coilovers, thats why I'm using them.

Comment

No, I don't hate them. I think coil overs are for people who know how to use them. Not street cars. They are for racing applications. Putting coil overs on a street car is like putting a tunnel ram and ladder bars on a street car. A waste of money. That kind of overkill thinking is how projects never get finished, and why so many good cars are sitting around rotting away.

yours truly,
              The Lord of Hardcore
              -Mike

Comment

You don't need no damn coil overs on that car man. Get a good set of chassis works arms (adjustable if you want) and a set of vari single adjustable shocks or a comparable manufacture. That is more then enough for what you want to do.

1972 LeMans W/Endura Front End & 461 CID

Comment

Those Vari shocks cost more than the car. Lol.

yours truly,
                  The Lord of Hardcore
                  -Mike

Comment

Or the project runs and that tunnel ram makes it fall flat on its face when you give it the gas. At least an overkill suspension can be ignored. It may work OK just a waste of money.

rolling mobile
                    Mac

69 Firebird

Comment

I'm just going to use stock '65 Goat suspension with new springs and gas shocks from www.rockauto.com
                      '65 Goat

Comment

Upgraded stock type springs with modern shocks makes a world of difference Don. Good choice.

rolling mobile
                        Mac

69 Firebird

Comment

I thought about urethane bushing all around but didn't have the money. Stock used to work, it'll work again.
                          '65 Goat

Comment

I do prefer the upgrade on bushings. Tightens it up a bit.

rolling mobile
                            Mac

69 Firebird

Comment

Changing to urethane was one of the best upgrades I've done to my car and my truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
                              HARDCORE for the Cause!!!! Detroit Charter President!

Comment

Working...
                              X