Real Flow Numbers??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Flow Numbers??

Hello, I am new to the forum and glad to be here. I have a few questions about Pontiac cylinder heads. I own a small engine machine shop, build engines of all makes and build cylinder heads. I have an SF600 flow bench. The project that I'm working on now is a Pontiac 400 for a 1967 lemans. 988 block .040 with the 4.250 stroke and roller conversion. I'm having trouble finding good information on Pontiac cylinder head flow numbers. I have a set of 4x, 6x and 16 heads at the shop. The flow number that I am finding are not even close to whats on the net. Any better info would be great. Thanks

You have got to be kidding! Nobody has this information? Hardcore Pontiac? What a joke. Good by !

Comment

You didn't post your results!
      '65 Goat

Comment

After a few days of thinking about my post I have decided that I was out of line. If the information that I need is not readily available than I am missing a good teaching opportunity. I will do the research and port work and post my results. Right now I am porting a set of 6x heads to replace a set of 4x because the information that I have found claims that the 6x better than the 4x. I have not found any information as to why.

Comment

Pontiac 6X intake ports. A good amount of work results in 235 cfm.
          Attached Files

Comment

6X bowl area.

Comment

My Girl

Comment

good looking ride
                ​Butler did my 6X heads they flow 265

1965 GTO 455 JBP 4 speed M-21 12 bolt rear with 3.73
                1969 GTO 400 4 speed air matching # total stock
                1968 Tempest Conv

Comment

Thank you. I have noticed that my flow bench is consistently stingy with CFM numbers. The heads that I flow are always lower than their advertised numbers or numbers from other flow benches. Thats why I am trying to locate as much information as I can.

Comment

Working...
                  X